Thursday 21 May 2015

OUGD505 - Product, Range, Distribution - Evaluation

General Comments 

Before this brief I had never designed an app before, and didn’t really have any idea of how hard it would be to incorporate a consistent grid system throughout the various different page layouts. In the strictest of senses, I would suggest I failed to find on, and so it was very time consuming switching between the different screens making minor changes all the time to try and make the layouts as consistent as possible. 

Early on in my research I spoke about potentially producing a campaign aimed at the Chinese Government pressuring them into protecting more of the Panda’s habitat, I’m glad I chose to avoid this, as I’ve really enjoyed this project.

What Went Well

I really embraced the research element of this project, not only was I reading from a large variety of websites, but I also watched about 5 hours of documentaries, as well as taking a visit to Yorkshire Wildlife Park to see how information about animals was presented to the public. This sort of first hand research has been something that I haven’t really done in the past, and this project has taught me how primary research can help directly define a problem, whereas secondary research often iterates around it. 

On a lesser note, I’m also very happy with the general aesthetics of the final outcomes. I didn’t necessarily put as much time into the aesthetics as I have done with previous projects, but this is because I took a very heavily influence from WWF’s existing identity. This allowed me to concentrate more on the research, which is an indication that I found a nice balance of research to practice in this brief.

What I'd Change

I notice retrospectively that I’ve gone back to my old ways of having white backgrounds everywhere, whereas recently I’ve been improving my use of colour. Whilst I wouldn’t change this for the outcomes I chose to produce, (due to the fact that I’m pleased with them), I could potentially have thought more about the final outcomes before I went ahead with the design process, as this may have allowed me to have produced outcomes where more colour would’ve been appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment